Thursday, February 13, 2014

My intro

I am a mom of 4 in a small farming town. So small, in fact, that a week after I found out I was pregnant with twins, I was getting congratulatory cards from people I didn't even really know. You can also tell someone is a "transfer in" if they aren't related to someone with 1 of 4 last names that seem to populate this town. We have zero traffic lights and our hardware store is the closest thing we have to a grocery store because it also sells beer and snacks. However, we do have a church on every corner!
Being in a small town has its upsides and its downsides. As a kid, I couldn't get away with anything because whatever I did always somehow got back to my parents. I vowed to move out as soon as I was old enough. So I did. Then, when I was married and pregnant for my first child, we moved back so that my kids can't get away with anything. Now, my husband and I are blessed with a 3 year old, 2 year old, and twins that just turned 6 months. The community has helped us so much in the last 6+ months, bringing meals, watching the kids, helping around the house, etc.
This is the type of generous, loving community I want my children to experience growing up. They will probably want to move to a large city when they are teenagers, but eventually return when they're old enough to know better.
Until life gets a little less chaotic around here, I will probably not post on this blog unless a) everyone is sleeping or b) the twins are nursing while I manage to type. Eventually I plan to post daily; things I'm learning as a mom, wife, sister and product of this small farming community.

No comments:

Post a Comment